The Family Storehouse is a day we use to provide support to parents, single parents, guardians and carers with their children.
To use the Family Storehouse Service a referral is required. This can be obtained from local children’s centres.
The Family Storehouse is open every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am @ Coleman Street Community Centre, Coleman Street, Southend, SS2 5AW.
Family Storehouse has developed out of a need for Storehouse service users, who are parents of young children, to have a safe environment in which to use the Storehouse facilities. It exists for these reasons:
- to meet more family specific needs
- to provide an opportunity for a “mums and toddlers” group in a relaxed environment
- to model interacting/playing with children and to share activities the parents can use at home
- to meet other parents and families
- to provide opportunities for other agencies to visit and to mix and mingle with the service users
- to provide an opportunity to offer taster sessions for parents on different topics e.g. healthy eating, how to deal with the terrible 2s
- to act as a signpost for other agencies, e.g. local children’s centres.
For more information, please contact:
Sam Vincett or Paula Terris-Pennypott on 01702 612900 .